Monday, February 2, 2009

Pedestrian Day


One temptation of Blogging about the Picture of the Day happened to me today. I was uninspired, dull, and flat. Nothing jumped out at me visually. I was aware of other senses today, but I cannot communicate the smell of chlorine as you walk from the student health center to the rec center through my photographs. So the temptation is to look through my old photographs and post one of those. I resisted.

I feel like I’ll let you down, waste your time, etc. because I did not have a picture-moment today. It was just an average day and the photos I took reflect that. However, to put a Pollyanna spin on it: Average is good. Always striving for two standard deviations above average sets you up for exhaustion, perfectionism, disappointment, and frustration.

Today's picture is of my dog, Taki's foot. I photographed it as he was lying on my Greek wool rug. I was intrigued by the similarity of his fur and the wool.

2 comments:

  1. The picture is beautiful and I love the title pun--it's intentional, right? Dog foot, ped, pedestrian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'm glad that you got it =)

    ReplyDelete